Is your car exhaust blowing, rattling or making a chugging noise? If you can hear any unfamiliar noises or are concerned about the condition of your car exhaust system, give us a call and our skilled mechanics will diagnose and resolve the problem. Car exhaust repair is often much cheaper than people expect so there’s no reason to delay.
Car exhausts problem solving
Most exhaust problems can be diagnosed by listening out for unfamiliar noises, with each distinct sound indicating a different problem you may be experiencing.
Here are some sounds to listen out for:
- Deep rumbling or roaring – your exhaust silencer or muffler may have corroded due to its position furthest from the vehicle’s engine
- Hissing – this could be caused by a number of issues, from cracks in the exhaust pipe or exhaust manifold, to a leaking gasket
- Chugging – most likely caused by a blockage in the exhaust system
- Rattling – your exhaust could be misaligned and touching another object, most likely a hanger or bracket
If the rattling is particularly loud it may be that the exhaust’s bracket or mounting has broken and the exhaust is making contact with the road. This should be resolved as soon as possible as there’s a chance the exhaust could fail completely or becomes so loose that it embeds into the road surface, making further progress to your destination impossible.
Car exhausts repaired
At RSC we have a team of experienced, skilled mechanics who deal with exhaust issues day in, day out. We will be able to quickly diagnose and resolve the problem, getting you back on the road the same day in most cases.
Some of the exhaust repair services we offer:
- Exhaust silencer repair and replacement
- Exhaust pipe and manifold repair or replacement
- Exhaust gasket replacement
- Catalytic converter repair
- Oxygen sensor replacement
- DPF repair and cleaning
If you have any concerns about the condition of your car exhaust or are experiencing others issues with your vehicle that might not be related to the exhaust, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of skilled mechanics will be happy to advise you.